NFL Aggressive Throw Index
The table below shows where teams are on a newly developed Aggressive Throw Index (ATI for short). While pass rates and redzone rates show us info about how often teams are throwing the ball, they don't give much insight into the value of those passing attempts. That said, this table will do just that, and aims to show what teams have the most valuable passing attempts. Likewise, it gives insight into who you should stack in NFL DFS on sites like Draftkings and Fanduel.
For this specific table, the explosive air yards over average shows how much more or less aggressive teams are when they throw. For instance, Tampa Bay is 13.56% more aggressive on throws than league average.
The models here at Paydirt take all of this data into account to develop the best projections possible for players. If you are interested in DFS or betting, the models here will help you make better choices!
Note: To sort, right click the drop down button on the column.
- Pass: The amount of pass plays by a team in the sample.
- Air Yards: The total combined air yards for a team in the sample.
- AY/P: The air yards per pass attempt by a team in the sample.
- AY/P-Avg: The air yards per pass attempt minus the league average mark in the sample.
- exAY: The amount of explosive air yards throws made by a team in the sample.
- exAY%: The percentage of explosive air yards attempts per pass attempt by a team in the sample.
- exAY%-AVG: The percentage of explosive air yards attempts divided by the league average mark in the sample.