Welcome to the CFB DFS Triple Option here at Paydirt! This is going to be a weekly article aimed at giving thoughts and notes on three important aspects of the CFB DFS slate. This article is NOT used with the projections models here at Paydirt (Found here), but it will still be valuable even as a one-off piece of content. While the focus is on Draftkings, the content is applicable to Fanduel as well.
DFS Slate Overview
- Slate ownership is focused on the combo of Chandler Morris (QB) with Jonathon Brooks (RB) and Bru McCoy (WR). Furthermore, Emeka Egbuka (WR) and Braelon Allen (RB) will also be heavily owned.
- UT will be the de-facto chalk stack with Milton III (QB) and Bru McCoy (WR) both projected to be top-3 highest owned at their respective positions. However, if building a stack that incorporates chalk, pairing Penix Jr. with his pass catchers or RB for UW seems like the stronger option in GPPs. Additionally, OSU and ORE are two expensive, low-owned stacks with slate-breaking upside.
- Pivoting off of the chalk super-flex QB is a good way to get different in DFS. Currently, Joe Milton III and Michael Penix Jr. will be the popular pairings with Chandler Morris. Therefore, paying up at QB or taking a slight discount on the $7k range are both viable ways to get different in the Superflex.
Depending on the size of the slate, there may be multiple situations, value plays, and popular options that you need to consider. Join the Paydirt discord with this link for more updates and game theory on all the slates details: https://discord.gg/mQ6u5dfawF
CFB Cash Game Core:
This core of players will help you build a strong foundation in cash games. While it is best to use all these players, it's not a requirement. These players can also be used as GPP one-offs in contrarian builds.
QB: Chandler Morris
RB: Jonathon Brooks
WR1: Bru McCoy
WR2: Emeka Egbuka
Flex: Braelon Allen
CFB GPP Core:
This core of players will help you build in differentiation in your DFS lineups. These players are meant to be mixed in with some of the stronger chalk options. How many of these players you put in is dependent on the size of the field and personal risk tolerance.
QB: Dillon Gabriel
RB: Donovan Edwards
WR1: Barion Brown
WR2: Jalen McMillan
Flex: TreVeyon Henderson
DFS Stack Considerations
Ohio State University (OSU)
University of Washington (UW)
CFB DFS Final Thoughts
OSU and UW both represent an opportunity to eat some of the better chalk pieces, while also building a completely different roster construction. However, both stacks are expensive so savings will need to come from somewhere. Thankfully, Oklahoma is a massive favorite who is implied to score 47.5 points and feature a $3.7k priced RB as the co-starter. Tawee Walker is a great GPP play to fit in full OSU, UW, or ORE stacks. Lastly, slates this size offer a huge pool of receivers to choose from so outside of clear misprices you shouldn't feel obligated to eat WR chalk.
GL and let's bake some bread!
Powerful tools for every sport
One site, one affordable price
Join Free by signing up below for 3 days of full access!
- Make decisions using a players full range of outcomes, not just their median projection.
- Use actionable metrics based on leverage that help you identify mistakes the field is making and leverage them for your own success.
- Have access to experts in the field along with coaching opportunities to build your process.
- Jump in the Paydirt community discord and join conversations around your favorites sports all day, every day, for free.