Welcome to the CFB DFS Triple Option here at Paydirt! This is going to be a weekly article aimed at giving thoughts and notes on three important aspects of the CFB DFS slate. This article is NOT used with the projections models here at Paydirt (Found here), but it will still be valuable even as a one-off piece of content. While the focus is on Draftkings, the content is applicable to Fanduel as well.
DFS Slate Overview
- Slate ownership is focused on the combo of Jeff Sims (QB) with Rasheen Ali (RB) and Deion Burks (WR). Furthermore, Travis Hunter (WR) and Quinshon Judkins (RB) will also be heavily owned.
- COL will be a popular stack with people hopping on the Prime Time bandwagon. Despite Sanders only projecting for 13% ownership, both Travis Hunter and Jimmy Horn Jr. project for over 20% each. When we factor in Sanders lack of rushing ability it's fair to assume the vast majority of lineups with him will include at least one pass catcher. Purdue and Texas A&M both look like strong GPP stacks.
- Pivoting off of the chalk super-flex QB is a good way to get different in DFS. Currently, Jeff Sims is projected to be the highest owned player on the slate. However, Hudson Card is cheaper, lower-owned, and a natural stacking partner with chalk Deion Burks.
Depending on the size of the slate, there may be multiple situations, value plays, and popular options that you need to consider. Join the Paydirt discord with this link for more updates and game theory on all the slates details: https://discord.gg/mQ6u5dfawF
This core of players will help you build a strong foundation in cash games. While it is best to use all these players, it's not a requirement. These players can also be used as GPP one-offs in contrarian builds.
QB: Jeff Sims
RB: Rasheen Ali
WR1: Deion Burks
WR2: Travis Hunter
Flex: Quinshon Judkins
CFB GPP Core:
This core of players will help you build in differentiation in your DFS lineups. These players are meant to be mixed in with some of the stronger chalk options. How many of these players you put in is dependent on the size of the field and personal risk tolerance.
QB: Hudson Card
RB: Kaelon Black
WR1: Jacolby George
WR2: Evan Stewart
Flex: Tre Harris
DFS Stack Considerations
Ole Miss (MISS)
CFB DFS Final Thoughts
MISS and TUL will each have popular pieces but just due to pricing the full stack might come in lower. Given that there are no real stand out options in the expensive tier at RB/WR, finding value and rolling with a premium stack is certainly viable. Additionally, there are two clear spots to pivot for both small field and large field GPPs. In small field simply fading Jeff Sims will make you different, and in large field you can also pivot to Kaelon Black over Rasheen Ali.
GL and let's bake some bread!
Powerful tools for every sport
One site, one affordable price
Join Free by signing up below for 3 days of full access!
- Make decisions using a players full range of outcomes, not just their median projection.
- Use actionable metrics based on leverage that help you identify mistakes the field is making and leverage them for your own success.
- Have access to experts in the field along with coaching opportunities to build your process.
- Jump in the Paydirt community discord and join conversations around your favorites sports all day, every day, for free.