Welcome to the CFB DFS Triple Option here at Paydirt! This is going to be a weekly article aimed at giving thoughts and notes on three important aspects of the CFB DFS slate. This article is NOT used with the projections models here at Paydirt (Found here), but it will still be valuable even as a one-off piece of content. While the focus is on Draftkings, the content is applicable to Fanduel as well.
DFS Slate Overview
- Slate ownership is highlighted by a substantial focus on Rasheen Ali (RB) from MRSHL, boasting a 46.63% ownership projection. At the quarterback position, Chandler Morris (TCU) emerges as a noteworthy option against SMU, with 31.96% projected ownership and an impressive median of 26.71 at $7.8k. The spotlight at wide receiver is on Troy Franklin of ORE, who remains a preferred choice against COL in what should be a high-scoring affair.
- TCU, TTU and ORE appear to be popular stacking options today, given the high ownership at different positions from these teams. However, COL, UL, and Cincy all deserve consideration in GPPs.
- Bucky Irving (RB) from ORE will be another chalk play, projected for 35.83% ownership and a median of 22.34 against COL. However, for those looking to pivot from high ownership, considering less-owned yet promising options like Blake Corum at only 4.25% ownership and a median of 20.65.
Depending on the size of the slate, there may be multiple situations, value plays, and popular options that you need to consider. Join the Paydirt discord with this link for more updates and game theory on all the slates details: https://discord.gg/mQ6u5dfawF
CFB Cash Core:
This core of players will help you build a strong foundation in cash games. While it is best to use all these players, it's not a requirement. These players can also be used as GPP one-offs in contrarian builds.
QB: Chandler Morris
RB: Rasheen Ali
WR1: Jamari Thrash
WR2: Troy Franklin
Flex: Devin Neal
CFB GPP Core:
This core of players will help you build in differentiation in your DFS lineups. These players are meant to be mixed in with some of the stronger chalk options. How many of these players you put in is dependent on the size of the field and personal risk tolerance.
QB: Shedeur Sanders
RB: Blake Corum
WR1: Xzavier Henderson
WR2: Xavier Weaver
Flex: Will Shipley
DFS Stack Considerations
University of Louisville (UL)
CFB DFS Final Thoughts
Today sets up to be a strong GPP slate due to there being multiple options in good spots but pretty concentrated ownership. COL looks like an amazing GPP play as ownership is heavily focused on ORE on the other side of the matchup. Additionally, the QB/RB/WR for UL all have solid median projections and reasonable ownership but will be overlooked as a stack. Lastly, Emory Jones and Xzavier Henderson make a solid skinny stack with ownership low enough to allow you to play the chalk.
GL and let's bake some bread!
Powerful tools for every sport
One site, one affordable price
Join Free by signing up below for 3 days of full access!
- Make decisions using a players full range of outcomes, not just their median projection.
- Use actionable metrics based on leverage that help you identify mistakes the field is making and leverage them for your own success.
- Have access to experts in the field along with coaching opportunities to build your process.
- Jump in the Paydirt community discord and join conversations around your favorites sports all day, every day, for free.