Welcome to the NBA DFS Triple Threat here at Paydirt! This is going to be a daily article aimed at giving thoughts on three important aspects of the NBA DFS slate. We will talk through the most popular players on the slate, popular roster construction, and potential pivots and leverage spots. This article is best used with the projections models here at Paydirt (Found here), but it will still be valuable even as a one off piece of content. While the focus is on Draftkings, the content is applicable to Fanduel as well. Costs, Projections, and finishing percentiles format will be Draftkings/Fanduel.
- The highest-owned players tonight are projected to be Desmond Bane, Jaren Jackson Jr., Evan Mobley, Obi Toppin, and Myles Turner. Bane and JJJ are the beneficiaries of multiple players being out for the Grizzlies. Similarly, Mobley also should see a boost from a shorthanded Cavs lineup. Obi Toppin and Myles Turner are both strong values at their respective prices in a positive game environment versus the Wizards.
- Given the pricing and projected ownership of specific players, a popular build strategy tonight will be two $8k+ players, three mid-range players, and 3 value players. GPP strategies include using this construction with lower-owned pivots, or rostering high-priced, high ceiling players for a different build.
- Luka Doncic stands out tonight because, despite his high price, he has an incredible ceiling and will be under 15% owned. If you are not spending up, Brandon Ingram stands out as a potential pivot off of DeRozan/LaVine.
Depending on the size of the slate, there may be multiple situations, value plays, and popular options that you need to consider. Join the Paydirt discord with this link for more updates and game theory on all the slates details: https://discord.gg/mQ6u5dfawF
NBA DFS Cash Game Core:
This core of players will help you build a strong foundation in cash games. While it is best to use all these players, it's not a requirement
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Zach LaVine or DeMar DeRozan
NBA DFS GPP Core:
This core of players will help you build in differentiation in your lineups. These players are meant to be mixed in with some of the stronger chalk options. How many of these players you put in is dependent on the size of the field and personal risk tolerance.
Malaki Branham (Value)
Nikola Vuceviv (Midrange)
Brandon Ingram (Stud)
Jalen Brunson (Stud)
Luka Doncic (Premium)
NBA DFS Final Thoughts
The value plays in Toppin, Sochan, and Horton-Tucker all look solid indicating that may not be the place to get different. However, both the midrange and stud ranges have viable pivots if you keep the popular roster build. Nikola Vucevic, Jalen Green, Brandon Ingram, and Jalen Brunson are some of the players that stand out as pivots. Luka particpated in shootaround but monitor his status, if he is good to go he makes an interesting high-ceiling option in GPPs. Additionally, his price will force you into a contrarian roster construction. Good luck and let's bake some bread!
Powerful tools for every sport
One site, one affordable price
Join Free by signing up below for 3 days of full access!
- Make decisions using a players full range of outcomes, not just their median projection.
- Use actionable metrics based on leverage that help you identify mistakes the field is making and leverage them for your own success.
- Have access to experts in the field along with coaching opportunities to build your process.
- Jump in the Paydirt community discord and join conversations around your favorites sports all day, every day, for free.