Welcome to the NBA DFS Triple Threat here at Paydirt! This is going to be a daily article aimed at giving thoughts on three important aspects of the NBA DFS slate. We will talk through the most popular players on the slate, popular roster construction, and potential pivots and leverage spots. This article is best used with the projections models here at Paydirt (Found here), but it will still be valuable even as a one off piece of content. While the focus is on Draftkings, the content is applicable to Fanduel as well. Costs, Projections, and finishing percentiles format will be Draftkings/Fanduel.
- The highest-owned players for tonight's games are projected to be Jordan Hawkins, LaMelo Ball, Jaren Jackson Jr., Marcus Smart, and PJ Washington. Notably, all of these popular options are set to benefit from key teammates being out of the lineup for their respective teams.
- With the salaries and projected ownership outlined, a dominant strategy for roster construction tonight will likely include two value players under $5k, complemented by 5 mid-range players and a stud. For those with the budget, allocating funds towards high-performing stars like Zion Williamson or James Harden brings a combination of lower ownership and high-scoring potential.
- Players such as Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard present low owned, high-upside potential. Additionally, elite talents like Kevin Durant and Brandon Ingram offer promising pivot opportunities as well.
Depending on the size of the slate, there may be multiple situations, value plays, and popular options that you need to consider. Join the Paydirt discord with this link for more updates and game theory on all the slates details: https://discord.gg/mQ6u5dfawF
NBA DFS Cash Game Core:
This core of players will help you build a strong foundation in cash games. While it is best to use all these players, it's not a requirement
Jaren Jackson Jr.
NBA DFS GPP Core:
This core of players will help you build in differentiation in your lineups. These players are meant to be mixed in with some of the stronger chalk options. How many of these players you put in is dependent on the size of the field and personal risk tolerance.
Nick Richards (Value)
Grant Williams (Value)
Russell Westbrook (Midrange)
Desmond Bane (Stud)
Luka or Embiid (Premium)
NBA DFS Final Thoughts
Grizzlies chalk is getting forced in a lot of optimizers. However, there are several high ceiling pivots for each Memphis player. Notably, Kawhi and Harden from the Clippers, as well as Wolves value pieces. The Paydirt models are heavy on MIN/BOS/MEM/HOU/UTA/DET as spots to target. Moreover, the models are forcing far more 2 max from a single team than 3+. Keep an eye on AD news for the Lakers as they would project well overall and Rui Hachimura in particular. Good luck and let's bake some bread!
Powerful tools for every sport
One site, one affordable price
Join Free by signing up below for 3 days of full access!
- Make decisions using a players full range of outcomes, not just their median projection.
- Use actionable metrics based on leverage that help you identify mistakes the field is making and leverage them for your own success.
- Have access to experts in the field along with coaching opportunities to build your process.
- Jump in the Paydirt community discord and join conversations around your favorites sports all day, every day, for free.